Thursday 31 December 2009

New year, new goals

So I said I'd review my December goals & look into the new year to decide where I want to be.

[X] Games (daily) : 2-5 MAX
[ ] Reviews : Every session
[ ] HH posts : 1 per session
[ ] Videos : where available, 1 a week.
[ ] Read : heads up - Colin Moshman

Looking at what I wanted to achieve this month, it would seem it was a failure. 5 requirements where set out but only one completed.

First off, the number of games is averaging just over 5 which is ideal for me as it gives a decent amount of volume but not too much that I'm not learning & improving.

Admitedly, the reviews of my sessions have lacked a little & only seem to do this after a bad session & this isn't a routine I want to get into. I do have a ton of hand histories I need to review fro this month & need to make sure I comit to doing this on a regular basis otherwise my game will suffer & slow my progress.

The hand histories is an interesting one, I haven't posted any to date & I'm unconvinced at the moment as to whether I would get any value from postig if the respondants don't view the games in a similar light, so I guess I'm gonna have to troll the HU forum for a while & see what kind of response other posters are getting.

Videos - Another one where I haven't made any progress, don't really have an excuse here. Pretty sure I dl'd a couple from 2+2 so need to look at these & see if they are of benefit. There is a beginners pack on HUSNG.com for around $40 which I may get but at the minute my BR doesn't really justify it. I need to make sure I recoup the $300 from the coaching session I had at the start of the month.

Last goal was the Moshman book on HU, I'm amount progress on this but have been supertired recently & don't wanna try to study while tired as the points won't sink in too well.

As for my new year goals, I guess I'm looking to move up a few levels & don't think being at the $10 level is unacheivable. I think it's going to take more volume & ABC play to get me there but I should be able to make it if I put the effort in. I also need to become more active in the the 2+2 community & need to make an effort to get more involved here as it can only help me in the long run. I'm also looking to branch out my knowledge a little & have decided to start to learn how to play PLO, I don't intend to make this a main focus of my poker playing but I'd like an ability to hold my own when it comes to playing the game. Obviously the pokerstars invitational is an ideal platform to try out the knowledge I gain.

[ ] Move up to $10 HUSNG
[ ] Be more active on 2+2
[ ] Learn to play PLO

So that's my goals for the new year, I'll leave it till tomorrow to decide where I need to be by the end of Jan.

- Run Good & have a great new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment