Wednesday 27 January 2010

Positive return

Just played a 1 game session! But played patient poker which is where I want to be in my game. Managed to secure a victory, villain was a tight player who seemed to get impatient after a while & after spending the whole match limping his buttons & flat calling or folding from the BB started to 3x me, then this hand happened. http://www.pokerhand.org/?5129460
As I said, villain had been supertight throughout the match so far, but hand just changed to being very impatient & 3x his BB & my limps. Hence I decided to limp my AJs expecting to 3bet his raise. My decision was based on the fact that now he's become more aggressive my hand is way ahead of his raising range so if he 4bet shoves I'm snapcalling. Once we see the flop & he leads out, I decide to flat call hoping to induce another bet from him on the turn. As luck would have it he tuns 2 pair & is happy to get it in as am I with the nut flush & he's drawing to 4 outs on the river which brick.

Happy with the victory, takes me to slight positive ROI for the month, but I think its been a journey of lessons this month & I think I've learnt the value of patient poker. So I guess we're coming to the end of the month & I'm going to review my targets I set at the beginning of the month & set new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment