Friday 29 January 2010

WBCOOP: Mincash hero

I played in a couple of tournaments last night & managed deep runs in both. First off was the 2k UK & IRE freeroll. As I was waiting for the WBCOOP event to start an hour later I thought I'd get in a bit of practice first. I managed to cruise past the bubble but didn't managed to get deep enough to make the serious money.

The WBCOOP also went well. Started off slow & I was down to about 1600 chips & handnt seen a sign of a decent hand & after a flurry of pocket pairs where I raised & everyone folded. I finally picked up pocket 2s with a raise before me & a couple of callers. I called & flopped a set, managed to get aggressive with one player & it all went in. My set turned into a fullhouse & held against the villains overpair. Not long after I'd doubled up again when I was moved onto a table with only 2 other active players! the other 2 were very aggressive trying to take the blinds constantly but after a while & a lucky misclick! I'd got one of their stacks.

So I managed to build up a healthy stack & hold on into the money but didn't make it much further in that event either. At the time the table had been passive. There was a limp in EP & MP which put about 9k on the table. I had a stack of 14k & thought I'd make a move on the dead money. After I shoved, the BTN called with KK, BB called with 84o(?) EP w A4. needless to say I didn't hit!

So I walked away with an $11 ticket a SCOOP event. Obv I'll been looking at the HU event & wouldn't mind playing the mid game too. That's if I can run my roll up high enough & may be able to agreed a staking. Who knows!

- Run Good

No comments:

Post a Comment