Wednesday 3 February 2010

Jan review & Feb goal setting

Bit of a late post to start the month, but I've been away on my annual conference with work at Chelsea FC, which was great fun when the beer was flowing.

January was a bit of a mixed month for me. I set myself a tough challenge in hitting 15% ROI after only one full month in HUSNG & achieving an 8% ROI. Volume I think was adequate, although I think I'll reduce this next month by one to make room for my new daily routine, but more about that later. Lets look at my goals & where I finished.

[ ] Play 150 games - 127 games
[ ] Achieve ROI of 15% - 0.21% ROI
[ ] move up to $2 HUSNGs - Due to ROI, bankroll isn't sufficient for $2 games
[ ] Review sessions on a regular basis - Sporadic
[ ] Post on 2+2 - Not one post
[ ] Finish reading the heads up book - Didn't read.

Obviously, this is fucking abysmal! I really need to try harder if this is going to work. I know I can do it, after playing the higher games on Stars I'm confident in my ability to some degree, but I need to change my mindset while attempting my goals. With this in mind, Feb goals are:

[ ] 112 games (4/day)
[ ] 5% ROI
[ ] Watch 3 videos a week
[ ] Review the previous days session before I start to play that days games.

If i can't achieve this, I seriously need to look at my commitment to my game. I know I can hit the volume as I've done it both months I've been playing, although I need to get right back into it after I've had a few days off with work. 5% ROI should be very achievable at my level, its just going to take patience & perseverance. the new regime should help me address my leaks before going into a new set, hopefully this should stop me making the same errors in the next set.

I've also downloaded a heap of videos from HUSNG,mainly cog's stuff as I know the fundamentals of his game & this is the style I'm trying at adopt.

I figured I'd show you the results of my play from both sites.
So the Full Tilt I played 127 games as previously stated & finished $0.3 up.

Stars on the other hand, I played a very small sample size of 23 & ended up at $76 up, 50% ROI



I'm going to stick to a 40BI bankroll for Full Tilt & continue playing the $6 turbos on Stars till I hit $100, which maybe some time after I donked off $30 after a night out with work [LESSON #1: Beer & Poker don't mix!]

But looking back I've learnt to look at my priorities when playing games, I've also had an awesome run goot on Stars after 50% ROI and I also won the $11 SCOOP ticket, so not a horrible month after all.

- Run Good

No comments:

Post a Comment