Thursday 29 April 2010

May Goals

So I've been reading a book I've meant to buy for a long time now. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell looks at talented people & how they became so successful. The underlying theme is that these sucessful people hold one main thing in common, they practiced their discipline for over 10,000 hours. The idea behind this has made me realise I need to make sure I'm maximising my time at the tables. That means no more surfing the t'interwebz or Youtube, whenever I get chance to put in a few games where I can fully concentrate I need to snap the opportunity up. This month I should be around 40 combined hours of poker, so I want to start out by pushing the boundary a little further just to push myself but to make it acheivable.

On the same theme, I'm pretty happy with my scheduling at the min. Solid sessions in the mornings from 5:30am - 7:30am, a couple of videos over lunch at work & then around an hour for a mini Stars session. I have pondered over the possibility of playing late night sessions, one issue is potential burnout & having my concentration levels dip to a point where my edge is lowered in the games I play.

This coming month I've got the SCOOP HU Event #7 to play. It's the first HU MTT I've ever Ayer so I'm super excited. I booked the next day off work so I'm prepared to put in a late session if I need to & if I crash out early I can always grind the SNGs all day anyways.

So I think I'm maintaining my focus on getting in the experience of playing but with a bit more focus on the amount of time playing rather than the number of games. Fingers crossed this will help ease me away from playing the volume rather than the quality of games.

Cliffnotes (quickly before my iPhone deletes this draft - Too tilted to explain!)

[ ] Play 50 hours of poker
[ ] Watch 30 hours of videos
[ ] Play 160 games on FTP
[ ] Play 100 games on Stars
[ ] Cash in SCOOP Event #7

- Good luck at the tables

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment