Tuesday 6 April 2010

Run Bad vs Play Bad

I've played about 45 games so far this month; I'm 2 days ahead of schedule & wouldn't mind keeping it that way. However, that is the only thing that is going good. I'm not sure where I am at the moment; I'm down about 6 buyins so far. I had my first session where I went 6-0 & since that I've not had a winning session.

I think it would be quite easy for me to put a chunk of this down to variance, I have suffered my share of brutal beats recently & according to pokerluckanalyser I'm running at 1% of good luck. But this would be too easy to say, mah it's variance. I don't want to fall into the trap of doing the same thing I'm doing & believing the results will change eventually. What if they don't? I'm under no illusion that I'm not a great player, I have tons of leaks which need plugging & now is probably a good time to look at them.

Another issue I have digging away in my head is my tendency to go on autopilot when I’m not time constrained. Over the weekend I had two big sessions where I played a few hours at a time getting in around 15 games in. This situation brings out a bizarre reaction in me, one where I just stop thinking about what I’m doing & put myself in horrible spots. It’s like the volume element is priority over making the right decisions.

For my own sanity & personal growth I've decided to get some more coaching. As I've taken on a more aggressive approach recently I'm gonna employ the skills of HokieGreg who is a great player & a fantastic coach. I watched his leak finder video on HUSNG.com & it made tons of things click for me, so I’m gonna get him to review a handful of HHs of mine. This is another big outlay for me but I'm investing in my game & if I'm going to get better I need to make sure I'm on the right track.


GAMES: 43
PROFIT: -$12.45

No comments:

Post a Comment