Saturday 8 May 2010

Week 1: Variance is lol

So week 1 has been fucking horrible, I've run so bad like I've never run bad before. I'm pretty confident I'm not just whining about variance & actually playing bad, my pokerluckmeter rating for Thurs & Fri was 0% luck, both days reassured me my odds of facing this amount of bad luck is over 1:1000 but faced it 2 days in a row.

I tried to play through it, I'm now thinking this was a mistake as I've dropped $50 which isn't much but it's a good chunk of my bankroll. Another losing session today running at 6% luck & I'm looking at only 8 buyins @ the $5 level. As a result I've moved down until I can build it back up again. All the hands are pretty legit beats, I tweeted about them recently: AQ<79s,AA


I still need to ship a couple of HHs to Hokie, but I'm not sure if its wise to send any ATM as I'm not sure my play is effected by the variance. So I guess I'm gonna leave it a week or so. I also ned to adjust my plan, currently I'm just playing games until I need to have a break or need to go to work. I'm going to stick to playing a set number of games a day, which should hopefully limit my exposure to playing bad & give me a chance to recover rather than playing through it. So I need to play 6 games a day to hit my volume target which should be pretty easy. I'm gonna try to play 5 $2 games & 1 $5 game to try & keep the $5 games mixed in. 





19/50 hours of poker
1/30 hours of videos
55/160 games on FTP
25/100 games on Stars
[  ] Cash in SCOOP Event #7 - FAIL!

Stars: -$51.46
FTP: -$47.45
TOTAL: -$98.91

No comments:

Post a Comment