Sunday 13 June 2010

June progress report: Week 1/3

I'm pretty happy with my commitment this week, in terms of what I want to achieve from my goals, I'm on target to hit them all pretty much. I guess all it took was putting together a simple spreadsheet to monitor my position in all of my goals & where I should be in relation to the current date. This allows me to sit down at the beginning of the session &  decide how many games I need to play & which site needs to be played when.


Overall, my play is coming along & I'm happy to carry on grinding it out. I know I'm still a fish but I have the commitment & determination in myself to get better. My goals from now on are to keep stretching my volume targets & capitalise on my time I have available, I think in the past I've been too happy to get a few games in here & there & cram in the volume when I need to. Now, I want to play as much as I can when I have the opportunity to do so. 


I was discussing the variance aspect of the game with another player as I feel this is still affecting my game. I think my approach to playing games as I just mentioned above has had an impact on this. For a while now I've still been affected by the short term variance swings, even at the end of a session which could only be a few games long. I know this is the wrong mindset, I know long term I should show a profit & this is a demon I need to conquer. 



30/100 games on FTP (2 ahead)

13/50 games on Stars (1 behind)
23/85 games on Everest (1 behind)
4/30 hours of study (9 hours behind)
13/30 hours of poker (4 hours ahead)



Everest:  -$6.25                           







FTP: +$13.95 


Stars: -$9.25

No comments:

Post a Comment