Sunday 20 June 2010

June update: Run like god edition

Its fair to say this week has been pretty epic in terms of run good. My Stats on FTP are telling me I'm running at 23% so far this month. Although I've not checked what the top players at my level are achieving, I'm pretty sure I'm running better than normal. I'm not going to try to convince anyone I'm the best $5 player there is right now, I have put a ton of work into my game but I think there is still a long way to go. I'm starting to put in the volume & should hit around 250 games across 3 sites by the end of the month & that is in just 3 weeks. 

With the volume I'm hitting now, my aim is to increase the volume steadily up to 500 per month. This is obv a big task in terms of time commitment considering I have a 9-5 job. It means waking up even earlier, as it stands I'm usually grinding by 6am till 7:30am Mon-Fri & 6:30am-9am Sat & Sun. Before I look at my working hours I'm dealing with my attitude to play, trying to make sure I'm making best use of my time when Im playing. In the past Ive been guilty of wasting valuable time when I could be grinding out more games or cutting sessions short just to book a win. Since I've been reading The Poker Mindset I've realised that this isn't a great approach to have. 

Additionaly, Nick Rainey's post made me realise my work ethic is good but its not great, not impressive & not good enough. I'm going to spend more time reading up on what it takes to get this level of commitment & how I can fit it into my already busy schedule. I've already browsed a blog or two made by Nick's Students who also have full time jobs, hopefully I can glean some advice or tips from here. If I can get near to 500 games a month this will put me in excellent shape for when I decide its what I want to do for my main source of income. 

In terms of my bankroll, I'm prob only a couple of months off hitting the $10 level providing I don't hit a downswing in the mean time. Obv the $10 level is my end of year goal, which at the beginning of the year & at the $1-2 level seemed so far away. Now I can feel its within sight, I might even make the stretch to the $20s & I'm pretty sure I would have done had I been playing on one site. I'm not sure it was my best choice to split my time through Stars, Full Tilt & now Everest. But I started out on FTP & used Stars to try out a few moves & used it as my play account for when I wasn't in the mood for concentrating properly. I didn't want t donk off my roll, but I managed to build it up near $100 which was enough to make me change my mind about the purpose of the account. Then Everest comes along after I got $50 free & I decided I'm gonna take shots at the $10 level & I'm playing pretty well against the French donks & after playing less than 40 games I've run it up to $160. So the plan with that is to get my 1000 points, which is the requirement to keep the free $50, run it up as high as I can & then cash out once I've got there because that software is so slow it tilts me!

54/100 games on FTP (2 behind)

39/50 games on Stars (11 ahead)
36/85 games on Everest (12 behind)
7.25/30 hours of study (9.75 hours behind)
26/30 hours of poker (9 hours ahead)



Everest: +$57.25














Full Tilt: +$77.95
















Stars: -$27.85

No comments:

Post a Comment