Friday 25 June 2010

Study

I've been reading quite a bit recently, nearly finished my first read of Poker Mindset & there is tons of great advice in there. In addition to this I've been reading Leatherass' blog & intend to buy his book 'Treat your poker like a business'.

My intention is to really up my game & make sure I'm making the most of every opportunity. I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of each session, obv I need to play my best in each game but am I maximising game time in every session or is there something I can change to allow me to fit in an extra game or two per session.

I'm also going to change my approach to my study. I need to get back into the habit of reviewing some of my HHs so maybe I'll add that to my goals for next month. I also want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my studying. To date I've gone with the attitude of watching as many videos as possible, which seemed the obvious thing to do. As time has gone on I've adjusted slightly & tried to get more by taking some notes. But it's really not the best way to study. From now on I've decided to structure my studies & decide in advance the videos I want to watch & break the sessions up & watch a video a couple of times to try & extract as much information I can before I move on to the next video. Hopefully this will allow me to take in more, but also allow me to implement the changes to my game while still watching the video I got the strategy from & give me a better chance at implementing them correctly through practice & reaffirmation.

- Good luck at the tables.

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment