Wednesday 30 June 2010

June results

I've had a pretty decent month in terms of results, run well & finished up with my best month ever on Full Tilt & managed to get all the games in I needed. It went to the wire in terms of volume, but I guess that just good goal setting. At times it has been tough, but at other times I've managed to sit down, find the zone & press out a good session of games.

Stars hasn't been as good, had a mix of bad play & running bad has made me have to grind it back up to a break-even position. 

Everest is a struggle, no doubt. The system is just too slow, getting in a session take way longer than I could have imagined & I need to compensate for this next month. Results have been a bit of a rollercoaster, started out up 4BIs & back to break-even then back up 5BIs & after a bad session where I lost 7BI's i was back down & I'm pretty much break-even. I'm pretty sure I can beat the $10 limit on this site, I just need to maintain my focus & hope I don't hit a downswing. I can't afford to drop down limits because I'll need to play twice the number of games & 90 per month is a big ask as it is for a site as slow as this. 

Study has been good, but difficult to record. I think I've set goals that are a bit too unrealistic. In order to get the 30 hours I needed to get 1 hour of study in a day at work & that hasn't really been possible. Also, when I read as part of my study, I don't sit down & record this by the minute. I've decided to go with the 80:20 rule, so 80% playing poker 20% studying. This should set a decent goal for my study, allowing me to figure out the videos I want to watch at work & allow me to actually study them & take good notes, also to pick up on and HHs I need to look through.

So, in terms of hitting goals it has been pretty good, volume is generally there & the intent to succeed. 

[X] 100 games on FTP
[X] 50 games on Stars
[  ] 85 games on Everest
[  ] 30 hours of study
[X] 30 hours of poker
[X] Finish reading 'The poker mindset'

July could be an interesting month, I'm expecting my first child in August, but if it arrives early the goals may change. But, I need to have some solid goals to hit because there is no guarantee he'll come early. So, in terms of Full Tilt, I'm going to bump the target games back up now we have a full month to go at it. I think 180 is a big stretch to hit in the designated time I have, it is achievable but i need to have focus & be efficient in my approach to sessions, I can't afford to waste any time I've got so we shall see how I get on. 

In terms of Stars games, I'm going to have to sacrifice play here next month in order to get in an allocation of 100 games on Everest. Again, the Everest is a big target but to give me a chance of hitting the goal in August I need to finish up in July in credit. 

All in all, I think 55 hours of poker in July is a decent amount to play. Doing the maths it works out slightly short on average times of 16mins for Everest games & 10mins for Full Tilt, but if I can aim for 55 hours, I won't be far off. It works out to be 2 hours of poker per day, so a session of 3 hours per day will work out pretty well. 

Study-wise I'm going for 15 hours, this allows me to spend 4 sessions a week going over a couple of videos & a final day to review some HHs. I've neglected to look at HHs but I think this has been a huge mistake & I'm looking at brining this back up to speed. I don't think it's necessary to set a goal to review HHs, I just feel the study volume gives me some flexibility to change it up where I think I'll benefit. 

I also intend to read Leatherass' book Treat Your Poker Like A Business it's totally where I'm going with my poker, building up everything from volume to study to finances so I think I'll get some great tips from this.

[  ] 180 games on Full tilt
[  ] 100 games on Everest
[  ] 55 hours playing poker
[  ] 15 hours studying poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment