Sunday 11 July 2010

July Update: Poker Diet & volume crushing smoothies

So far this month the results are pretty meh, but I'm not too interested in my results. I'm trying to shift focus completely away from how I'm doing, I think it's impeding my progress. I'm trying to set my PT3 to only show games played so I have no idea where I am for the month as I'm pretty sure that once I get in the correct mindset on concentrating on the volume, everything else will start to fall in place more, so long as I continue to study correctly that is! In terms of volume, thats going great, I'm plus 17 games on my target so I just need to keep the concentration going & the momentum & shoud crush it.

Another thing I've decided I need to change is my diet, struggling to wake up at 5:30am every morning & I'm pretty sure its the shit I eat that contributes to this, if I'm going to be dedicated to this I need to look t everything & unfortunately that means banning myself from the regular sausages & burgers I eat along with the gallons of coffee too!  Been doing research on healthy energy foods & began to put together a meal plan for the week.Stuff like peanut butter, bagels, eggs, blueberries (I f*cking LOVE blueberries!) apparently do the trick so I've adopted these things into my diet.

I've decided to give up on the Everest challenge, I feel it's taking my focus away from where it should be. I'm dedicating my play to Full Tilt for the foreseeable future, the benefit of rakeback is probably the primary motivator for this. I think if I concentrate on playing at one site I should be able to move up quicker & start crushing the next levels.

One of my other goals this month was to read Dusty Schmidt's book, 'Treat Your Poker Like A Business'. I've done this already, I was totally engrossed from the outset & there is a ton of great stuff to think about your overall game that I've often considered implementing into how I play but never known how to, this has the answer to those questions. I intend to post my review of the book, but I want to give it another read first. Then I think I'm going to move onto 'The mind gym' which was recommended by HokieGreg, so thought I'd give it a try.

I guess my new goals should look  like this:

[  ] 180 games on Full Tilt (Currently +17 of target)
[  ] Play 55 hours of poker (-2.5 hours behind)
[  ] 15 hours of poker study (On target)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment