Sunday 18 July 2010

July Progress Wk2: Volume, Volume, VOLUME!

This week as been pretty good for volume, the weeks overall target was to get in 42 games & I missed that by one but I'm still ahead of target by about 3 day. I've been getting up a little earlier than normal, around 5am so I can wake up & have breakfast before I hit the grind. This has been working out quite well, but I do have days where I just can't get outta bed which sucks cuz it wastes a day which is valued around 7 games so I need to make sure I'm getting in 7 games more than I normally would.

Results aren't that sexy, but I'm showing a profit so I'm not gonna complain. I've had a couple of bad sessions this month which has hampered my results, 0-4, 4-8 sessions have hit my return. However, I've handled these sessions pretty well & as long as I keep learning from my mistakes, I'm growing as a player.

The last measure for the month is my hours played, this is down & I need to keep working on this where I can, 6 hours back on where I should be & it leaves me needing 2 hours of poker per day. I need to be on my game completely these last couple of weeks, I need to  be up & playing & making my mark.

I'm just about done with my reviews with Hokie, this has prob been my single best investment in my poker career yet & recommend anyone to do the same. I fully intend on continuing getting coaching from Hokie & I'm pretty confident I'll move up to the next level within the next few month as  result.

So, focus for next week is to continue with the volume. Make good decisions & make them count. I also want to make sure I'm implementing all of the advice I can from Leatherass' book, I think this will hone my abilities as well as the coaching has.

- Good luck at the tables.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment