Sunday 25 July 2010

July Update 3: Early bird catches the fish.

A couple of things I wanna muse on this week, volume wise things are ok. On one hand I've missed a couple of sessions, Tuesday I was jus a lazy mofo & didn't get outta bed. Friday I got up but felt like sh*t & didn't want to aggravate it any more by donating my BR to donks. So the majority of the week I was behind target in getting the number of games in which isn't too bad, I'm still on target to beat the number of games required, however I'm not pushing the boundaries as much as I should but I don't want to play substandard poker.
On a positive note, I've started getting up a little earlier now. I'm up at 5am to hit the tables at 5:30 after breakfast & coffee. This is prob one of the reasons that I hit my weekly target this week, instead of hitting 6 games on average a morning I'm up to 9. I'm gonna keep at this pace for a month or so to get used to the early morning, hopefully stretch it a bit further if I can handle the lack of sleep with the intention of starting the grind at 5am till 7:30 which should get me 12 games a day or over 300 games a month which I actually think is a great target for the amount of time I have available in my day. It does mean a 66% increase in games from where I am now. initially I'm looking to increase the games on a monthly basis by 40 games, with a target of October to be fully up to speed with my 300 games. Obv if I find I can get there quicker, I will & I'll also re-evaluate my targets, it'd be pretty sweet if I could get to 400/month but 1 step at a time.

In terms of profit this week it's been pretty decent. I'm running at around 14% ROI, which coupled with last week puts me in a great spot for the month & if I can continue I can put in another great month & puts the $10 well within reach for next month.

Last week of the month & I only have 18 games to get in to hit my monthly goal, I will prob complete this by Tue morning & keep going. Hopefully I'll exceed 200 games this month, giving me a good platform to go onto hitting 240 next month (baby permitting!!)

- Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment