Saturday 31 July 2010

July review: We're on ten, we're going to eleven.

I'm pretty happy with July in general. I guess at the beginning of the month I set tons of goals & I realised I'm trying to do too much, I was in the right ballpark setting my volume goals but I had split it across a couple of sites which wasn't really working. I realised this pretty quickly & adjusted my goals quite simply by dropping the targets from the other sites. I still play on Stars, but I don't set a goal for the number of games I play as I tend only to play in the evening where I have to share some of my concentration with other things, so although I'm still trying to win, it's less serious.


I didn't get the hours of poker, I'm finding that the more time I'm playing poker, the bigger the disparity between amount of time in a session & actual time spend in a game. I'm not too disappointed in not achieving this target, I've exceeded the volume goals& that is the main thing to hit, if I'm finishing games earlier (not saying I am though!) then this will effect my hours played.

[X] 180 games on Full Tilt - 
[  ] Play 55 hours of poker
[X] 15 hours of poker study

So, the final thing I want to look at is profit. A pretty decent month, it's not my best month, but it ain't a million miles away & considering I was still losing money half way through the month, it's an acceptable return. A 7% ROI is good enough at the minute. If I'm gonna move up after next month, I can get away with about 4.7% ROI putting me exactly at the BR I need, so anything better is only going to bolster my roll.



Goals for August:

[  ] 250 Games
[  ] Continue to watch videos on HUSNG.com
[  ] Have 2 HHs reviewed by Hokie

Good luck at the tables.


Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment