Sunday 12 September 2010

September: Poker is hard!

So I haven't posted for around 2 weeks now so I thought I'd give a quick update as t how things are going for me. I'm learning fatherhood is +EV for life but -EV for my roll & poker time! Hats off to anyone who can maintain their grind while dealing with a newborn.

Since Nate has been born I've not had a normal grind schedule & it's affected my play to some degree. My shot at the $10s started much the same as my start at the $5s, but it was mostly down to bad play on my part. Thankfully I came into the $10s over rolled, at one point I was down around 8 buy ins but have slowly brought it back up & I now stand around 2 buy ins down.


 So, where do I go from here?

I'm still progressing my little BR Builder series & I'm going to update it again soon. But as for my main BR I need to make sure that when I play, it's optimal. Making sure I'm not tired, rushing things just to get games in & I have peace & serenity in my surroundings. I'm pretty comfortable at the $10s I don't feel like I'm being out played or anything so I just need to play my best & crush. Hopefully things will settle down & I'll regain my schedule soon, also hoping to secure enough games to hit my requirement for the free training from Brokerstar.

Good luck at the tables.

- Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment