Tuesday 23 November 2010

Welcome back!

So, I've effectively been off for the past two months. After the birth of my son my time has become even more precious. I've not played much poker at all, but I've kept my toe in the game & picked off sessions when I can. I've almost written the rest of the year off, I need to make sure everything at home & my family are in good shape before I can take time to build my game back up. But make no mistake, 2011 will be a BIG year. I set a goal to hit the $10 games, I made this quite comfortably but in the end it came at the perfect time, just before Nate arrived.

A little review of November as it stands, I'm not far off break-even. Coming back into the game I've struggled a little, gone back to looser ways ut I'm pretty sure I've been running like shit! As evidenced by a hand from last night!

iPoker - $2+$0.10|<> NL - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

Hero (SB): 1,810.00
BB: 1,190.00

Hero posts SB 20.00, BB posts BB 40.00

Pre Flop: (60.00) Hero has 6h 6s

Hero calls 20.00, BB checks

Flop: (80.00, 2 players) 9h Qs 6c
BB bets 80.00, Hero raises to 240.00, BB calls 160.00

Turn: (560.00, 2 players) As
BB bets 420.00, Hero raises to 1,530.00, BB calls 490.00

River: (2380.00, 2 players) Th

Hero shows 6h 6s (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
BB shows Tc Ts (Three of a Kind, Tens) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
Hero wins 0.00
BB wins 2,380.00

My post hand analysis, villain has been typical loose-passive. So I'm not looking to build a pot with a small PP. Magic card comes on the flop & villain bets out, ideal situation. Realistically villain can have any two cards here, he's been limping everything from big pairs, broadways & the hammer. Obviously has something he likes, which could include draws, I'm looking to get as much money in the pot right on the flop as I'm confident my hand is the nuts right now. When he flats the flop, it doesn't seem like he has a monster but he makes a committing bet on the turn & I just fist-pump ship & find myself a 95% favourite. River is a cooler, still went onto win the match after getting lucky myself building up my stack & winning a race Q5o vs K8o 5bbs (100/200) hitting on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment