Thursday 2 December 2010

Don't mention November!

I've jumped two footed into December, happy that November is out of the way. Didn't have a great month at the tables & lost quite a bit of ground building my roll. I'm around 10BIs away from the $5s & will bag it this month for sure.

Volume-wise, I'm determined to finally hit a 150 month again. It's been so long I've forgot what its like! So far I'm up 5 days in a row (mini-accomplishment FTW!!) & I'm slightly ahead on games for the month. 11/150. Last month I only played 65 games & finished down for the first time since I can remember. It's allowed me to take a step back & review my game & really start to concentrate on taking notes on villains which seems to have worked well already, specifically looking at lines villains take that show they are weak or strong & use this against them.

I've branched out over the past few months & started a £100 bankroll & trying my hand at financial spread betting. Read a number of books, one of which I refer to quite frequently is Winner Spread Betting Strategies by Malcolm Pryor. The book itself looks at about seven strategies (although a couple are the same strategy just used for a rising market or a falling market) to make money from trends in stocks. This is the 2nd roll I've put into spread betting, lost my first trading the FTSE100 without any kind of plan. Since then I sat down & read a number of books to develop a longer term plan. Seems to be working for now, at the time of writing I'm 20% up on my original stake with 3 open trades in GKN PLC, Elementis PLC & Afren PLC.

Good luck at the tables!



MrJayOMG

No comments:

Post a Comment