Saturday 1 January 2011

2011: A Volume Odyssey

So, 2010. It's been a huge year in my poker development, in some respects I've taken 3 steps back when I started my bankroll again from scratch. But it made me a stronger player, first time round a bumbled through the $1s & $2s into the $5s & $10s, this time round I crushed them harder.

I was also looking to expand my play into PLO & which is still something I still want to learn but I have a ton more to learn in the HUSNG discipline before I move into other games. So I put that one on hold, for now.

As for the activity on 2+2, that was also shelved. I discovered TagPoker which has helped my game immensely & suits my style of play. So, although I didn't achieve this target, I'm pretty happy that I've got involved in something that has helped develop my game, my activity has increase & I'm involved in something positive.

So, the targets set for 2010 were:

[ ] Move up to $10 HUSNG
[ ] Be more active on 2+2
[ ] Learn to play PLO


All of which look like I've failed. However, I've had a pretty successful year.


Right, onwards & upwards. 2011 is going to be THE year where I make my transition into serious poker. Ultimately, I want this to be a serious source of income. However, before I can give up on responsibility of the rat race I need to pay off the mortgage. 2011 is the year where this starts to happen. The goal for the year is to make $10k profit. Considering I haven't made $1k profit, this is a big challenge for me. It involves moving up several levels, putting in more volume I ever have & making every game count.


Not only do I have a big task ahead of me with the volume & monetary target, I also want to qualify for a UKIPT leg & a major tourney . The biggest tourney I won a seat in was a 600 runner Virgin Poker tournament at DTD, Notts. I'm setting my sights a little higher than this, I'm aiming for a PCA seat. I've wanted to play in this for a couple of years, I had a short attempt at it this year by going for the steps route but didn't make any serious bid for it. I haven't decided whether I'm going to win a seat by the steps route or satellite in via a tourney. Initially I think I'm a good enough donk to win a donkament, so might take this route. 


[  ] Learn to snowboard
[  ] 3300 games for the year.
[  ] 300 games per month
[  ] $50s by July
[  ] ????
[  ] $10k profit!
[  ] PCA Seat
[  ] UKIPT Seat

No comments:

Post a Comment