Tuesday 25 January 2011

JAN: Phase 1

I haven't really updated in some time, primarily this was a motivation issue. I'd been on a serious losing streak, I'm not even going to label it a downswing as I'm fully aware I was playing bad during this time too. I've set out volume goals for this month of 200 games & I've hit this already, which is a positive thing. The result of these games isn't, confidence took a serious hammering & I moved down to the $2s again on Full Tilt until I got my confidence back. I've chatted to a couple of players & had a great review session & I think I may have had my first 'Ah-ha!' moment.

I also wanted to read more, not just on poker but on my overall mindset & concentration. I'm going to select a new book on a monthly basis, with a goal to finish the book that month as I've been pretty bad at finishing books in recent months. January's book is going to be The mind gym, I recall HokieGreg tweeting about this book last year but didn't really give it a proper chance. It's a pretty big book so it may take me till Feb to complete but once I do I'll post a review. I'm going to try & aim for these type of books that will help my mental state outside of poker which can only have a positive impact on my time at the tables. There is another book by the mind gym on time management which I will  also read, but maybe not until Q2.


- Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment