Tuesday 30 March 2010

March in review, on the up & up.

So here's to another month n the bag. Before I look at the goals I set myself, I want to discuss how my game has progressed. I feel like I've moved up a step this month in terms of my game. When I first started out, I was terribad I definite losing player, after coaching from Cog I managed to turn that into a confirmed positive ROI (3.8% after checking PT3). This month, I discovered aggression! i watched a couple of videos from HokieGreg where he reviewed a students session & it contained a ton of useful info that I've now incorporated into my game, while I've not fully adapted I feel it's come along way, in that before I noticed a heap of villains were aggro whereas there aren't that many, but I have the knowledge to adapt back to a passive trappy player if i need to.

Now, looking at the goals I set for March, here are the results:

[X] Play 120 games on FTP
[X] Play 25 games on Stars
[X] Stick to my schedule.
[/] Post 1 hand on 2+2 a week
[/] Reply to 1 hand on 2+2 a week
[X] Acheive positive ROI at $2 level.
[X] Hit the $20 bonus on FTP.

So I hit the volume on the button, although my Stars play was terrible, I did somehow get the volume in even though my roll was down to 2BI's at times! (I'm still only at 8 BI's!). Schedule is coming along great, although my review sessions may need adapting. Previously I was only looking at hands where I lost big pots, mainly due to the fact that i didn't know what else to look for. Now I have the knowledge of my raise sizing for effective stacks, my range I should be using for raising limps & small pocket pairs strategy. So my ability to get in my review session I becoming more complex, so maybe I need to look at that in some detail next month. I've been checking in on 2+2 every now & then, I'm not spending a huge amount of time there, mainly due to how much time I have to spend on poker being limited. I hit my positive ROI, finished up at 8.5% for a $22 profit in addition to the $20 bonus that I hit for the month & rakeback gives me a $46 profit from Full Tilt which is my biggest month so far. another couple of those & I'll be at the $5 level easily.

I'm going to take the next day to mull over what I want to achieve in April, given a big focus will be on volume, I have today's session fresh in my mind & need to retain the ability to quit when I know I'm not playing great which is a tough thing to do when I've set a volume target.

From Dec 6th 2009 to 31st March 2010, my HUSNG career earnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment