Monday 29 March 2010

Volume: The next frontier

Just read HokieGreg's blog which was an interesting read, mainly due to his battle with getting in the volume. I'm not sure what the reasons are & as I don't know him I don't have the ability to make any assumptions. However, from my point of view this is a discipline issue. When I first started out I had no schedule. I pretty much made it up as I went along & tweaked it as I saw fit. Initially, I started out just jumping into a bunch of games & volume really was the motivator. This wasn't working out as I was trying to blast through the games & wasn't making sound decisions. From this I started to schedule my sessions more, starting by watching a video first thing, then reviewing hands & then playing a session & watching another video at lunch from work. The volume of videos seemed to be a bit much compared to the amount I was playing so I dropped the morning video to make sure I got a decent number of games in. This seems to be working out great for me right now, apart from my occasional inability to save the HH from FTP before PT3 steals them after I shut down!

Next on the agenda is to increase volume again, I'm going to take it steady to start with & I think it will be a stretch to start with but I'm going from 120 games a month to 150, so an extra 1 every day which is achievable so long as I stick to my schedule. I've struggled recently, especially at the weekends, to get my ass outta bed & I really need to make sure I'm up for this.

I'll post again in a couple of days to do a month in review session & write down some goals for the coming month. I'm actually really excited for the next few months, lets hope I continue to run good & get some decent results & I might just hit the $5 levels by May, which is a month or two ahead of schedule.

- Good luck at the tables. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment