Tuesday 16 March 2010

One day as a poker player

I took yesterday off work with the primary goal of playing poker & nothing else. Just to get a sense of how I would cope with playing a large volume of games. I managed to get in 20 games for the day, which is normally around 4-5 days play for me, so I was quite happy with that. The results weren't too disappointing either, I finished 10-10 overall which isn't too horrible.

Overall, I'm happy with how the 'experiement' went. I broke up the day with several sessions rather than playing in huge blocks & got things done inbetween so I could refresh myself & start again. I've seen the tweets from Hokie & PHmerc & decent volume does seem to be in the range of 20-30 games so if I can get this amount of volume in while only working half the day I'll be a very happy man! Obviously this is a lnog term goal & as yet I'm no where near the abiolity I need to be. That said I think I shall make an effort to do this experiement a few times more throughout the year to make sure I can handle both the good & bad aspects of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment