Wednesday 21 April 2010

The aggro game

Since getting some feedback from HokieGreg I've changed my game a ton. 
I guess he's reaffired what I always thought and that is I'm not 
aggressive enough. So after relooking at my range I took to the tables 
to try it out.

If I'm honest I've had mixed sucess. I think this I'd down to applying 
a very transparent strategy against my opponents. This has got me into 
a heap of trouble too many times. Eventually I tried a few different 
approaches which seems to have worked well.

  Specifically against loose aggro players & maniacs I've found a 
strategy to slow the game down enough till I can pick up a strong 
enough hand & play for stacks.

I seem to be handling the volume goal better now. Granted I'm down for 
the month but I'm not playing to hit the volume anymore, I'm playing 
each game as they come so hopefully this will continue & I'll be able 
to stretch my volume even further as time goes on. Ideally, I'd like 
to be playing at least 200 games a month. Realistically, I do think 
this is possible but only if I can improve my schedule in a morning. 
I've been getting up around 6 recently & I'm only getting in about 5 
games in this time, an hour earlier & I could hit 10 games a day which 
would leave me with a realistic chance of hitting 300 a month. I guess 
I'm going to carry on where I am for now & gradually get up earlier. 
If I can get up at 5:30 everyday next month then 5am from July I 
should be getting decent volume at the tables.

Games: 95/160
Profit: -$24
PStars: $12

- Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment